1. There is typically a positive correlation between effort and results.
2. Success in high school has surprisingly little to do with how smart you are.
3. Don't accept an opinion just because it is the first one you learn.
3a. Don't discount an opinion just because it contradicts the first one you learned.
4. Make sure that you don't confuse what you know with what you think you know.
5. It is perfectly okay to not know things, as long as you don't stop there.
6. You should make it a habit to question what you think you know and believe.
6a. Changing your opinion about something important, especially when you are faced with new information, is not a sign of weakness.